Saturday 27 October 2012

Hopes and Fears

There is so much about our trip that feels unknown.  Churning out the miles in the British drizzle it is hard to imagine ourselves pedalling away through the African heat.  To help prepare I’ve been having a think about the things I am most worried and most excited about.  Let’s start with the worries.

Number 1 – Saddle Sore.  This is every cyclists unavoidable and impending reality.  Recommended remedies range from generous dollops of Vaseline or nappy rash cream to a nice cut of wagyu beef down the pants. Yum.

 
Number 2 – Thunder Thighs.   Apparently this German started with matchsticks for legs – need I say more!?
 
 Number 3 – Terrible Terrain – upsettingly this is an actual photo from our route and makes Islington best attempts at an assault course look like the Olympic Velodrome.

I know that there is little that I can do about these, so instead I distract myself with the reasons that we are really doing this trip:
 
Number 1 - With an average of 80 miles a day under our belts for four months, I’m pretty sure that we are entitled to eat whatever we want/can lay our hands on.

Number 2 - Sunrise in Africa daily- magic.

Number 3 – these are going to be the best days.

1 comment:

  1. Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger. mountain bike

    ReplyDelete