Wednesday 16 January 2013

Racing



Tour D’Afrique is in fact a race. Well, for a select few it is a race, and for the rest it is just interesting to be timed each day to clock improvement and be able to say “I cycled across Africa in 800 hours.” 

As well as seeing where we are on the "Where are Lizzie and Ali?" page, we’ve also put a link in there so that you can see how fast (or slow) we are leaving the Kilometres in our wake.

CLICK HERE to view from this page

As it happens, they name the fastest rider each day and on day one Lizzie was the fastest girl! Whilst the horribly competitive spirit lives on, I’m still focusing on enjoying the ride rather than rising to the challenge of racing. (Ali – I would like to point out I was her master domestique on that day, sheltering the wind, collecting water bottles and giving her my food. Selfless. And for no charge – which is unusual for Egypt…)

The photo says it all!  Well done, Lizzie!


6 comments:

  1. Come on Ali, step up your game. The next photo better be you with that sign. Loving the blogging - keep it coming! Lizi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Liiizie!! Although I checked that table and it looks like Ali is 6 mins ahead of you. Not that it's about the competition or anything... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are dressed more like you are cycling through a Northern council estate on a BMX... Mark S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - thats the look I rock to lure people into a false sense of security (plus hides the size of my thighs!)
    I let Ali ride in just in front of me each day to keep his manhood in tact.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to ladies first Ali?

    ReplyDelete